How to measure wrist size for a bracelet: Measuring your wrist for a bracelets is pretty straightforward. You can do it on your own, or enlist the help of a friend or loved one.
- Make sure you measure the wrist you plan to wear your bracelet on.
- Using a soft measuring tape, like one you’d use for sewing, is ideal.
- Wrap the measuring tape snugly around the widest part of your wrist.
- Note the number on the measuring tape, and add a half inch to determine the right bracelet size.
How to measure wrist size without a measuring tape: Not everyone has a soft or flexible measuring tape lying around at home. If that’s the case for you, you still have options. You simply need something you can wrap around the widest part of your wrist and a ruler.
Some materials you can use to measure your wrist size without measuring tape include: Yarn or string, strip of paper, shoelace, any ribbon. You can even use a dental floss.
- Wrap the string, ribbon or floss around your wrist so it’s snug but not too tight.
- Make sure the string or whatever you’re using lies flat and isn’t twisted.
- Pinch the spot where the string crisscrosses the starting point. You can also cut the string or floss at that point.
- Hold the material in place using your thumb and index finger.
- Place your ruler on a flat surface and align the measuring string starting at the zero (0) inch mark. Add a half inch to determine the right bracelet size.